What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior agreement with the user.
- Amika Yoga holds your email address and name that you have provided to us so that we can keep you informed of classes, trainings, workshops, retreats, recipes, events and other relevant news about Amika Yoga or yoga in general.
- We keep your data private.
- We do not share this data with any other person or company.
- We don’t use it for any collateral purpose.
- If at anytime you are no longer comfortable with us processing your data for this limited purpose then it is easy for you to unsubscribe from our newsletters. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign.
- We are always happy to update/amend or delete your information at any time through an automated system. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Email newsletters sent by Amika Yoga may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity.
Use of the email service provider “MailChimp”
The newsletter is dispatched by “MailChimp”, a newsletter distribution platform of the US provider Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
The email addresses of our newsletter recipients and their further details described in this information are stored on the MailChimp servers in the USA. MailChimp uses this information to send and evaluate the newsletters on our behalf. MailChimp can by its own admission also use this data to enhance or improve its own services, e.g. to technically enhance the dispatch procedure and display of the newsletter or for commercial purposes to be able to determine which countries the recipients are from. However, MailChimp will not use the data of our newsletter recipients to contact them itself or forward it to third parties.